Thanks to our partnership with BusinessEurope, in 2020, for the first time, YEL had the opportunity to select a delegation of 4 young European citizens to attend BusinessEurope’s very high level annual event: BusinessEurope Day.
BusinessEurope Day 2020 brought together expert and professionals from the European business sectors such as Alain Dehaze CEO of The Adecco Group, Carolyn Fairbairn Director General of the Confederation of British Industry (CBI), Carl-Erik Lagercrantz Chairman and Co-founder of Northvolt … but also distinguished guests from the European Commission such as Ursula Von der Leyen, President of the European Commission, Valdis Dombrovskis Executive Vice-President of the European Commission and Commissioner for An Economy that Works for People, Kadri Simson Commissioner for Energy, European Commission, Thierry Breton Commissioner for the Internal Market, European Commission, from the European Parliament such as Dita Charanzová Vice-President of the European Parliament as wells as international high level guests such as Kazuo Kodama Ambassador of Japan to the European Union. You can see the full list of speakers here.
Under the slogan “Prosperity, People, Planet”, YEL’s delegation participated in the debate focused on 4 main aspects:
- How to shape the future European industrial strategy and SME policy;
- How to foster effective investment in innovation and digitalisation;
- How to organise an economically and socially sustainable transition to a low-carbon economy;
- How to equip people with the necessary skills and modernise social policy; and
- How to improve economic governance to deliver necessary reforms; and many other matters.
Do you want to know what the delegates took out of the debate? Do you want to have some insights as to the experience of being part of a YEL delegation? Have a read at the delegates articles on their experience at BusinessEurope day:
- Sofia Karagianni‘s article “Economic and Monetary Union in COVID-19 times”.
- Hadrien Bazenet‘s article “The Green Deal at Business Europe Day 2020, a partnership with industry?”.